When it comes to underground pipes, thermal expansion can be your enemy
Norseman's Thermal Expansion Boxes are a customizable, cost-effective solution to prevent damage to underground pipes caused by thermal expansion, soil stress, soil movement, and backfill operations.
Our Thermal Expansion Boxes are made using closed-cell, chemically stable, and inert polyethylene foams.
- Fabricated from resilient, closed-cell, chemically stable, and inert polyethylene foams (Ethafoam® and ThermaGuard)
- Multiple density construction with an inner core cushion, designed to yield then recover following expansion occurrence
- Lightweight and flexible at low temperatures for easy installation
- Protects pipe coatings from scrape, dent, and puncture damage caused by contact with unfavorable backfill and environmental conditions
- Resists severe degradation caused by exposure to hydrocarbons, bitumen, crude oil, and liquid natural gas
- Resistant to a wide variety of chemicals and common organic and polymeric soil contaminants
- Can be customized to your specifications
Frequently asked questions
Fabricated from resilient, closed-cell, chemically stable, and inert polyethylene foams (Ethafoam® and ThermaGuard)
Protects pipes from scrapes, dents, and punctures caused by backfill and environmental hazards.
Made with closed-cell, chemically stable polyethylene foams that perform over a range of temperatures and applications.
Resists insects, vermin, mold, cracking, and degradation caused by chemical or contaminant exposure, such as hydrocarbons, bitumen, crude oil, and liquid natural gas.
Customizable to each customer’s specific requirements.
Uses multiple density construction with an inner core cushion, which yields and then recovers following expansion.