Protecting Wall Climbers from Falls
Norseman was approached by a general contractor specializing in climbing wall gyms to help them overcome a few challenges.
- Protect climbers from falls
- Custom fit mats to match wall contours
- Mats have to be removable to free up floor space when not in use
Norseman created a set of 2-layer, custom-cut mats that contour to the shapes of the climbing walls. The multi-foam design was comprised of a soft upper layer for comfort and a dense bottom layer for shock absorption.
- Custom cut mats protect with no gap between wall and mat.
- Dual-density foam design allows for both comfort and protection.
- Panel-style perimeter mats provide extra coverage and are easily removable.
- 18 oz. V650 FR Royal Blue Vinyl;
- 2" M45 open-cell urethane foam;
- 2" VA35 closed-cell foam.
Related Case Studies
CNRL - Albian Sands Tailing Pond Barge Enclosure
Norseman creates custom enclosures for two tailings pond barges for Canadian Natural Resources Limited.
Crash Pads - 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics
Norseman designs speed skating crash pads for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics
High-Visibility Custom Branded Insulated Blankets
Norseman worked with one of Canada's premier construction companies to create high-visibility custom-branded insulated blankets for two construction sites.